Where in the World is Smithee?



Where in the World is Smithee???

Friday, February 1, 2019

Photo Link And Reunification Palace

Greetings. Day two in Saigon or, as they call it now, Ho Chi Minh City.  I’m taking lots of photos. Too many to post here in fact.  Head on over to my Smugmug page for this trip to access them. I’m not sorting or organizing at this point. Just doing a big dump of whatever I take.

The high point today (aside from the $0.86 Mango Smoothie I picked up in the Ben Tanh Market) was touring the Reunification Palace.  It is the very much 60’s style building that housed President Diem and later Thieu after Diem was assassinated.  It was that building that the North Vietnamese tanks surrounded when Saigon fell in 1975.  Here’s what Wicki says about it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Palace

A photo:


More at photos at the Smugmug link:

David’s Smugmug Photos




No comments: