Where in the World is Smithee?



Where in the World is Smithee???

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Meeting the Group

I lounged in my room at Townhouse 50 until 5:00 pm, when it was time to head to the Saigon Blessing Hotel to meet the Intrepid Travel Tour Group.  Erik had arranged a Grab car (Vietnamese Uber) for me.  It was interesting threading Saigon traffic from inside the protection of a car.

I got checked in and at 6:00 pm headed to the restaurant to meet the group.  There I met our group leader, Yoeup Chhoem, aka Jae, and the others began to filter in.  The group, exclusive of Jae, consists of:  me, of course, Dylan, a recent high school who is traveling Asia and NZ solo for 6 months, Luke, an early 20s Brit, Paul, a retired Brit, John, in his 50s, from Maine, Herbert, 70 something, from Germany, Andrew, an electrical engineering grad from Pittsburg, Ghengis and Kenan, two Turks somewhere in their 40s, and Kylann and Naomi, two early 20s girls from Melbourne, and Laura, 58, from LA.   Ghengis, Kenan, Kylann, Naomi, Paul and Luke were just fresh off an Intrepid trip from Hanoi to Saigon.

That’s my group who I’ll be traveling and dining with for the next 12 days.

Next, leaving for Phnom Penh Cambodia.

No comments: